The 2nd International Workshop in Ultrafast Chemical Physics was held at Strathclyde from 14-16 Dec 2011.
In total 98 delegates attended from three continents (USA, Europe and Asia) and a full programme was widely enjoyed. Plans for a third meeting are underway.
The plenary speaker this year:
- Dwayne Miller (Toronto)
Invited overview talks will be given on the first day by:
- David Klug (Imperial): Multidimensional Infrared Spectroscopy
- Michael Foerst: fs-Xray spectroscopy
- Klaas Wynne (Glasgow): Terahertz techniques
- John Tisch (Imperial): Attosecond spectroscopy
Additional invited talks by leading international speakers:
- Martin Wolf (Fritz-Haber Inst)
- Villy Sundstrom (Lund)
- Erik Nibbering (Max Born Inst)
- Tony Parker (Research Complex at Harwell)
In addition to a full scientific programme, the meeting will include a conference dinner and complementary whisky tasting at a leading Glasgow restaurant.
The Organising Committee of UCP’11:
- Neil Hunt (University of Strathclyde)
- Klaas Wynne (University of Glasgow)
- David Klug (Imperial College London)
- Stephen Meech (University of East Anglia)
- Helen Fielding (University College London)
- Julia Weinstein (University of Sheffield)